From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop a Test Sequence For Validation of the Test, not the part

I would like to run our main sequence continuously on a single part, in order to look for random errors/failures in the test sequence (or maybe the part too).

That is, I'd like to just have the entire sequence run through, produce a report, and then start again.  Obviously we would need to disable the SN and any other dialogs.

I considered creating a "Test loop the sequence" sequence, but wouldn't that only produce one report?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,002 Views)

in your report setting select this option:

Roman_L_2-1626695613652.png

then it will produce a report file for every iteration.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(966 Views)

Thanks Roman, but I think I wasn't clear.  I want to *test the test*, so I want to run the entire test !100X, and have it produce a report each time.

We have some instabilities, and we want to see how often they will occur.  I'd rather not have to sit there and enter the SN every 6 minutes, so I was hoping there was some way to loop the entire test process.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(955 Views)

TestStand and User Interfaces can be called from the command prompt and thus you could set up a "batch" script to call the sequence over and over again.

In your sequence add a PreUUT callback and bypass the prompt and also hardcode the UUT SerialNumber and PartNumber

Here's an example(this assumes that seqedit is on the path):

start /wait seqedit.exe /quit /runEntryPoint "Single Pass" "C:\pathtomysequence\mytest.seq" /outputToStdIO & call echo %^errorlevel%

/quit will close the Sequence Editor each time.  If you don't want that then use /useExisting

start /wait seqedit.exe /useExisting /runEntryPoint "Single Pass" "C:\pathtomysequence\mytest.seq" /outputToStdIO & call echo %^errorlevel%

"& call echo %^errorlevel%"  will echo the Test Status "Exit Code" result to the standard output and if useful you can redirect that to a log file.

See: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsuiref/reftopics/applicationmgr_exitcode_p/

Edited: added /wait argument forgot /runEntryPoint in second example

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(953 Views)

Awesome, I will give that a shot!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(949 Views)

Jed,

here i attached a client sequence that makes your Sequential model run UUT loop FileGlobals.NumRuns times without dialogs.

I hope this helps.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(943 Views)

Note: I updated my post above with some corrections, hope it helps

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(937 Views)