NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop a Test Sequence For Validation of the Test, not the part

I would like to run our main sequence continuously on a single part, in order to look for random errors/failures in the test sequence (or maybe the part too).

That is, I'd like to just have the entire sequence run through, produce a report, and then start again.  Obviously we would need to disable the SN and any other dialogs.

I considered creating a "Test loop the sequence" sequence, but wouldn't that only produce one report?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,000 Views)

in your report setting select this option:

Roman_L_2-1626695613652.png

then it will produce a report file for every iteration.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(964 Views)

Thanks Roman, but I think I wasn't clear.  I want to *test the test*, so I want to run the entire test !100X, and have it produce a report each time.

We have some instabilities, and we want to see how often they will occur.  I'd rather not have to sit there and enter the SN every 6 minutes, so I was hoping there was some way to loop the entire test process.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(953 Views)

TestStand and User Interfaces can be called from the command prompt and thus you could set up a "batch" script to call the sequence over and over again.

In your sequence add a PreUUT callback and bypass the prompt and also hardcode the UUT SerialNumber and PartNumber

Here's an example(this assumes that seqedit is on the path):

start /wait seqedit.exe /quit /runEntryPoint "Single Pass" "C:\pathtomysequence\mytest.seq" /outputToStdIO & call echo %^errorlevel%

/quit will close the Sequence Editor each time.  If you don't want that then use /useExisting

start /wait seqedit.exe /useExisting /runEntryPoint "Single Pass" "C:\pathtomysequence\mytest.seq" /outputToStdIO & call echo %^errorlevel%

"& call echo %^errorlevel%"  will echo the Test Status "Exit Code" result to the standard output and if useful you can redirect that to a log file.

See: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsuiref/reftopics/applicationmgr_exitcode_p/

Edited: added /wait argument forgot /runEntryPoint in second example

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(951 Views)

Awesome, I will give that a shot!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(947 Views)

Jed,

here i attached a client sequence that makes your Sequential model run UUT loop FileGlobals.NumRuns times without dialogs.

I hope this helps.

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(941 Views)

Note: I updated my post above with some corrections, hope it helps

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(935 Views)