From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log VI path in TestStand Database

I am trying to edit my TestStand database schema to have a column that records the VI file path of any labview step that is called.  I just don't know what I need to put in the "Value to log" field to achieve this.  For example to log the step name it has Logging.StepResult.TS.StepName but I don't see any variables in the expression browser that look like they would return the file path.  I know some variables don't exist until the sequence is actually executing.  I image that might be the case here. 

Does anyone have experience with this and might know what the expression should be? 

I also would guess I need some kind of precondition for it as well so it doesn't error out on non-labview step (without a path)?

Thanks in advance,

Torry

Edit:  I did try Step.TS.SData.ViCall.VIPath already but it didn't work.  I think it needs to be something in the Logging. context, but I am not sure.  I haven't done much work with schemas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(701 Views)