NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of StationGlobals variables

Solved!
Go to solution

OK, where are the StationGlobals Variables file stored at.  I'm having to copy a Testand Sequence to another PC and now I discover that my StationGlobals are missing...

Who is the wise guy that made StationGlobals part of the Station and not the Sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,524 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edmund.M.Williams

Originally, TestStand saves the station global variables in the StationGlobals.ini file in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg directory automatically when you close the TestStand Engine.

I can find my Station global variable in <<C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2017 (32-bit)\Cfg>>

I attached related link:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052T-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/station_global_variable...

And as I know, Station Global Variables is not recommended. The reason is that when you move the file to another computer as you do now, you have to move .ini file as well. I would like to ask if you have any reason to use global variables.

Catharina

Message 2 of 3
(4,492 Views)

@catarina wrote:

Originally, TestStand saves the station global variables in the StationGlobals.ini file in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg directory automatically when you close the TestStand Engine.

I can find my Station global variable in <<C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2017 (32-bit)\Cfg>>

I attached related link:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052T-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/station_global_variable...

And as I know, Station Global Variables is not recommended. The reason is that when you move the file to another computer as you do now, you have to move .ini file as well. I would like to ask if you have any reason to use global variables.

Catharina

I inherited another Teststand program written by someone else.  So I don't know the reason they were using StationGlobals, all I noticed is when I copied that Teststand Program to another PC the Station Globals variables were missing.  So all I really need to do is copy the StationGlobals.ini file to the new PC's ...\Teststand 2017\... Path and that should fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,474 Views)