NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Prototype of Sequence Call with Teststand 3.0

Hi,

Here is the description of my problem :
- I use a custom step type, wich is a standard sequence call with a custom edit substep.
- I insert a new step in the sequence (the type is my custom step type), and select the custom edit substep.
- The custom edit substep configures programmatically the sequence call :
The sequence file path is a Teststand expression and I set the sequence name I want to call.

My problem is to simulate the "Load Prototype" button programmatically (the button displays the sequence parameters when I select the right sequence file path and sequence name).

I get the evaluation of the path expression and the sequence name (the values are the same as the values I select manually with the
button).
Then I try to call the TS_SequenceCallModuleLoadParameters function, but it does not work.

The function creates the elements in the ActualArgs property (with default names arg0, arg1, ... which are not the right names) but not in the Prototype property.

Teststand displays a "Parameter Number Mismatch" message when I call the Specify Module dialog, because the number of parameters of the sequence call (n parameters) exceeds the number of parameters (0) to the sequence.

Is it a bug or is there another way to do that ?
I need your help.

Bruno
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,855 Views)
Bruno,

I looked into your problem and it turns out that this is indeed a bug. Until the bug can be fixed in a future version of TestStand, I suggest you use the following workaround:

1. Call TS_PropertyObjectClone to copy the Parameters property of the sequence.
2. Call TS_PropertyObjectSetPropertyObject to replace the "TS.SData.Prototype" property of the sequence call with the clone that you just created.

Ron Byrd (NI)
Message 2 of 2
(2,855 Views)