From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ListBar ExecutionView Manager connection

Hello,

In my Application I have 2 ExecutionView Manager, 2 SequenceView and one ListBar

• The first ExecutionView Manager is connected to a first SequenceView (in order to display execution)
  • The second ExecutionView Manager is to a second SequenceView (in order to display execution) and a ListBar

When I run sequence and I connect the execution to the first ExecutionView Manager (TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrSetByRefExecution), the first SequenceView is updated correctly but the ListBar is also updated.

According to me this ListBar should not be updated because it is connected to the Second ExecutionView Manager. 

Soemeone could explain me why this ListBar is updated?

my configuration :

CVI2010

TS2010SP1

WIN 7 32 bits

Thank you for your help

JPV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,980 Views)

Hi JPV,

First of all, thank you for using the NI discussion forum.

I need more information on the connection between the different modules. Can you post your code in order to allow me to see how the connections are implemented?

Can you also tell me if the second SequenceView is updated too, when you connect an execution to the first ExecutionView Manager?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,958 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I extract the interesting code part from my whole code

The connection code part is the following :

// connection objet Graphique Production								  
tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrConnectExecutionView(gProdExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo,gProdExecutionView, TSUIConst_ExecutionViewConnection_NoOptions, NULL));
tsErrChk(TSUI_ListBarGetPages(gProdExecutionListBar, &errorInfo, &ProdListBarPages));
tsErrChk(TSUI_ListBarPagesGetItem(ProdListBarPages, &errorInfo, CA_VariantLong(0), &ProdListBarPage));
tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrConnectExecutionList(gProdExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo, ProdListBarPage, &ProdExecListConnection));	
tsErrChk(TSUISUPP_ExecutionListConnectionSetDisplayExpression(ProdExecListConnection, &errorInfo, "\"%CurrentExecution%\\n\""));

// connection objet Graphique Maintenance
tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrConnectExecutionView(gMaintExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo,gMaintExecutionView, TSUIConst_ExecutionViewConnection_NoOptions, NULL));
tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrConnectReportView (gMaintExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo,gMaintRepportView,NULL));

The Callback fonction tha affect the exécution to executionView Manager is the following :

tatic HRESULT CVICALLBACK TSMngt_AppMgr_OnDisplayExecution(CAObjHandle caServerObjHandle, void *caCallbackData, TSUIObj_Execution execution, enum TSUIEnum_ExecutionDisplayReasons reason)
{
	int	error = 0;
	ERRORINFO	errorInfo = {0, 0, "\0", "\0", "\0", 0, 0};
	ErrMsg	errMsg = "\0";

//l'exécution View manger dépend de l'éxécution
	switch (gCurrentSequenceType)
	{
		case eProductionSequence:
			tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrSetByRefExecution(gProdExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo, execution));
			break;
		case eMaintenanceSequence:
		case eMaintenanceSequence_StartProg:
			tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrSetByRefExecution(gMaintExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo, execution));
			break;
		case eSAVSequence:
		case eSAVSequenceStepped:
			tsErrChk(TSUI_ExecutionViewMgrSetByRefExecution(gSavExecutionViewMgr, &errorInfo, execution));
			break;
		default:

break;
	}

Error:

if(error<0)
		return E_FAIL;
	else
		return S_OK;
}

And finally, To answer you last question, No the second sequence View is not updated when an execution is connected to the first ExecutionView

Manager

Thank you for your help

Best reagards

JPV

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,937 Views)

Hi JPV,

I have quickly implemented an user interface thanks to your code, and I realize that what you observe is the expected behavior of the ListBar.

The ListBar is actually a control which allows you to choose which execution will be associated to your ExecutionViewManager (see the ListBar definition in the TestStand reference manual page 124, you can find it here). So in your code, it displays all executions, and when you choose an execution by clicking on it, this chosen execution is linked to the second ExecutionViewManager and display on the second SequenceView.

In short, the connection between a ListBar and an ExecutionViewManager is in the ListBar to ExecutionViewManager direction, and not in the ExecutionViewManager to ListBar connection.

I hope this piece of information will help you. Don’t hesitate to ask more questions.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,910 Views)