From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all steps in a sequence file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I am new to NI Teststand forum, so this my first topic here. The situation is the following:

Currently I am developing a LV operator interface and I need to have a list of all test step in a sequence file.

I am able to list all steps in a sequence, but in the whole sequence file.

Is there any possibilties to do it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,626 Views)

This thread should get you on the right track:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/obtaining-the-step-limits-out-of-a-sequence-from-a-labview/td-p...

Notice the example I posted.  Just iterate through the sequences.

Do you need to do it in purely TestStand?  Or can it be in LabVIEW? 

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,619 Views)

Hello jiggawax!

Firstly thanks for your quick response!

It must not be done only in Teststand, I could be done on LabView also. Actually, my goal is to list all loaded steps, and count all test step types(NumericLimitTest, PassFailTest, StringValueTest), because I have two progress sliders in my OI which shows the actual state of the executions.

I attached a picture of my current code, but unfortunately it only works in one individual sub sequence, with this I am able list all steps in this subsequence but in the whole sequence file.

Thanks!

Download All
Message 3 of 5
(6,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author maroci91

Hi Maroci,

first of all, I am also quite new to TestStand, but I still think I can assist you a bit.

Since your code works for one Sequence in the file you only need to iterate through all Sequences in the SequenceFile. Consider something like this:GetSequencesInSequenceFile.png

Does this help you?
Edit: Don not forgt (as i did) to close the SequenceFile Reference!

Message 4 of 5
(6,580 Views)

Hi again,

Your method seems to be working for me, but I used not completly the same method. For me, to get all the subsequence reference did not work in LabView, therefore I did it initially in Teststand, I can get all the sequence references with a for loop and send them to the operator interface via PostUIMessageEx method. This way I can list and count all the test steps now.

Thanks you guy for your assistance!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,512 Views)