NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List All .dll .exe And Step Type Files In Sequence

How can I list with their respective path for all the step types, .dll and .exe files used to successfully run a sequence file? We have many sequence files in our sequence file repository. Many of the old sequence files are from Windows XP or before. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,140 Views)

Hi TonyJ

You could use the TestStand API to iterate through the steps of your sequence file to pull out the paths of your steps and collate a list for.dll and .exe.  You could also get the dependencies of each step and add those to your list.

I think I have posted how to use the API to get paths in the past I will have a look and link it here.

Regards

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,137 Views)

Yes, that would be awesome. Please post your link here. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,115 Views)

Can't find the link.  Cobbled this (also attached LV2019 VI) together that kind of shows what I was thinking.  It will search through the Main Group of MainSequence in SequenceFile12.seq and build an array of DLL paths and an array of EXE paths.

GetPathnames.JPG

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,096 Views)

Hi,

You can build a LV application as suggested by Steve which will be comprehensive.

or manually do it by : - Open your sequence and  CTRL + F ( Find) and search for .dll.

This should list all the steps which uses a dll.You can copy them by selecting all the steps and paste it in excel.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,068 Views)