From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence-key valid for TS2013

Hello,

we bought in April 2014 a "TestStand 2012SP1" (Development Version)

In the package was also a CD-pack for "Teststand 2013".

The key is working for both versions - but can we legally also use Teststand 2013?

If yes, how many following versions are included in the next time?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,275 Views)

This is a hunch but here's my guess on what is happening here.

When you purchased TestStand 2012 SP1 they simply gave you a key for the latest version of TestStand.  Newer keys will work for any older version.  So technically you were purchasing a newer key. And yes it is legal to use on newer versions.

I've never seen a key that was generated for an older version work on a newer version.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,267 Views)

-deleted- sry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,262 Views)

OnlyOne,

Daniel-E works for NI as the Product Support Engineer for TestStand.  I think you are pretty safe sending it to him.  However,  if you do feel uncomfortable you can call NI support and have them validate it for you.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,257 Views)

If you do send it to him don't post it here on the forums.  Private Message him!  🙂

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,256 Views)

Yes, please feel free to call support if you would prefer. The number is 866-275-6964 (1-866-ASK-MYNI).

I just PM'ed you about it because as Jiggawax said, you wouldn't want to post it on the public forum.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,253 Views)