NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labwindows CVI Full featured OI fails to start

Solved!
Go to solution

I've done a deployment installer for Teststand-2013. On one Target PC( Windows 7 64 bit)  it works fine. But on another target PC starting the Labwindows/CVI Full featured OI fails to start ( screenshot attached) with an Error -145 when trying to load testexec.uir . Both targets  have Windows7 64 bit and Office 2010 installed. How can I find out which Active-X control is missing/damaged on the second PC ?

I've allready found http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9894BE2B832B7FDE86256ECD00041172. But Office is installed and the ActiveX Control Pad is deprecated and incompatible to Windows7 64Bit and no longer available from MS. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,693 Views)

Hey mkossman,

In these cases, a good first step would be to run the TestStand Version Selector on the machine to set your version to Active. Even if the Version Selector already says that TestStand 2013 is active, clicking the "Make Active" button will perform a few operations, such as registering the ActiveX controls with the system. 

If that does not resolve the issue, please let us know and we can work on additional troubleshooting steps. Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,685 Views)

One additional question. The error allready popups during the deployment installation , because the installer starts the OI during the installation process. May I expect any followup errors from that problem for the installation ? And and that time it is not yet activated. Might this be part of the problem ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,681 Views)

Running the version selector solves the problem.  But this makes it difficult  to include packages with Teststand into the companies software distribution system if there is no way to avoid the lauch of the OI during installation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,671 Views)

The TestStand UI does not normally launch during the installation process, so perhaps we can figure out a way to prevent that from happening. Could you describe exactly when you see it appear? In your TestStand deployment configuration, do you have any custom commands figured on the Installer Options tab? This might lead us to an understanding of why the UI is launching.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,669 Views)

There are no custom commands. It is launching the Operator Interface after the panel  with the checkbox, where you decide if you want to activate now.  We choose to activate later there.  And it also launches the OI when uninstalling.

I'am attaching the .tsd file, we are using.  This installer should only include stuff , which is common to all teststations like the OI and Teststand Public. So it doesn't include sequences and other files, which are specific to one teststation. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,650 Views)

Problem solved: I had enabled the option to register the Operator interface as ActiveX server. That caused the start of the Oi during the installation.  

Another question: Is there any option in the deployment tool to change the default for the activation checkbox ?  We  want to activate allways using the licence manager after installation  and not during ( automated) software distribution/installation.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,634 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mkossmann

mkossmann,

You could use the "Hide License Dialog" option on the Installer Options tab. This will not prompt the user to activate TestStand until they attempt to open the software after installation. Is this the desired behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,631 Views)

Yes, Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,626 Views)