NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview a cluster within Array control. How do I control it with test stand

I currently am attempting to update some old code and utilize test stand with the new code.  I have a common library that controls a fluke DMM.  Currently the software has an Array and within in that array is a cluster.  The way the old code worked is that it called the control setups from an excel data sheet.  IE set up for 3 channels resistance with auto ranging.

What I would like to do now is instead of having to call the controls from excel I would like to control them from Test stand.  The issue is the code passes everything around in the array/cluster format and I am only able to see cluster data from test stand.

Does test stand have the ability to do arrays with clusters in them.  If so what code is needed with in Labview to tie the two together.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,794 Views)

In your type palette under Custom Data Types make a new type as a container with the appropriate datatypes in there.  Then make an array of this type.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,792 Views)

Hi ggravert,

As Jigga suggested you will just need to create a custom data type, a Container most likely. Just remember to go to the Cluster Passing Tab in the Type Properties and enable the "Allow Objects of this Type to be Passed as LabVIEW Clusters" option. This will allow you to easily pass LabVIEW clusters into TestStand. 

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,768 Views)