NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Start Menu

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a teststand sequence that uses Run VI Asynchronously to show a camera output while the sequence is running. When the the sequence runs the first DUT the LabView Start Menu (See attached Image) comes up and covers the UUT entry window. Once the LabView Start Menu is minimized all is fine until the test sequence is stopped then the LabView Start Menu comes on again. Is there anyway to keep the LabView Start Menu always minimized or better yet make it so that it never comes up when the sequence runs. I have spent hours trying to reconfigure LabView and TestStand with no luck. This is cunfusing for the operators to use

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jimbo50

Hey Jimbo,

Could you check your LabVIEW Adapter settings (Configure > Adapters > double click LabVIEW)? This screen should only appear if you're using the LabVIEW Development System, and in general for an operator-run test you'd want to use the Run-time Engine instead. This might help with the issue.

Another thing you could try is to configure the camera output window so that it's modal to TestStand. You can find an example of that built into TestStand; basically there are "Start Modal Dialog" and "End Modal Dialog" VIs in the TestStand palette in LabVIEW. These VIs allow you to configure a VI to appear modally to TestStand. 

I'm leaning toward the adapter settings being the likely issue here, but let me know how these steps go!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,169 Views)

Thanks, changing the settings on the LabView adaper solved the problem

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,158 Views)