NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting error -17001, Invalid Ini Header, every time I run a sequence. Ignore error allows sequence to work.

Even if I do File -> New Sequence File and immediately hit Execute | Single Pass, I get an error:

ActiveX Error
sCode = 0xffffbd97
Description: Invalid Ini Header

When I click ok:

Details: No details available

Error code: -17001; Program Error.

Location: Step 'Read Report Option Defaults' of sequence 'Get Report Options' in SequentialModel.seq.

If I choose Ignore, my sequence continues normally.

I looked it SequentialModel.seq at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.0\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels and found this under 'Read Report Option Defaults':

[SF.Seq[20].Main[0].TS.SData.Call.Parms[3]]
Name = "CfgDir"

Type = 2
ArgVal = "Parameters.CfgDir"

[DEF, SF.Seq[20].Main[0]]
%NAME = "Read Report Option Defaults"

[SF.Seq[20].Main[1].TS]
Id = "ID#:4BQfOlglj0yMPSFABWe6iD"
NoResult = True

[DEF, SF.Seq[20].Main[1].TS]
SData = "TYPE, SeqCallStepAdditions"

[SF.Seq[20].Main[1].TS.SData]
SeqName = "ReportOptions"
UseCurFile = True

[DEF, SF.Seq[20].Main[1].TS.SData]
ActualArgs = Arguments

[DEF, SF.Seq[20].Main[1].TS.SData.ActualArgs]
ReportOptions = "TYPE, SequenceArgument"

[SF.Seq[20].Main[1].TS.SData.ActualArgs.ReportOptions]
UseDef = False
Expr = "Parameters.ReportOptions"

[DEF, SF.Seq[20].Main[1]]
%NAME = "Call ReportOptions Callback"

Is there something wrong with the file? Or something with ActiveX? This is TestStand version 3.0.0.12373.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,330 Views)
Hendric -
The sequence model is attempting to read the file \Cfg\TestStandModelReportOptions.ini and it is failing because the file format may be wrong or corrupt. Rename the ini file, and see if this fixes the problem. Reconfigure your report options and see if it still works. Can you attach the failing file so that I could look at it?

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,330 Views)
I checked in my cfg directory and don't see that file. I see StationModelReportOptions and TestStandModelModelOptions. Should I reinstall?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,330 Views)
To hendric -
TestStand 3.0 only creates a TestStandModelReportOptions file, not Station... If the file does not exist, the model will create it, but you seem to be getting an error which might be preventing the tool from creating it. Did you rename the file? Do you have write access to the Cfg directory when a sequence it executed? Rename the file to from Station... to TestStand... and rerun your test.

Scott Richardson (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,330 Views)
Nope, I never renamed the file and this is a clean install. I modified the permissions on the directory so everyone has full permissions. I changed the file from Station... to TestStand... and still get the same error.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,330 Views)
hendric -
I had forgotten that in TestStand 1.0.x, the file was called "StationModelReportOptions.ini". In TestStand 2.x and 3.x TestStand saves the file as "TestStandModelReportOptions.ini"

Did you install on top of an older version? I assume that you did because TestStand 3.0 fails to properly read the TestStand 1.0.x file. This worked in TestStand 2.0, but we had to restructure the file format for various reasons and it appears that reading the older file for report options just does not work anymore.

My suggestion from before to rename the file was wrong, just delete the file whether it is named "StationModelReportOptions.ini" or "TestStandModelReportOptions.ini". You should be all set to go.

Scott Richard
son (NI)
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,330 Views)