From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with file references when loading TestStand on a new PC

We are looking at using a new PC for using TestStand at my work and we loaded LabView and TestStand onto the PC.  We saved all of our sequence and VI files using subersion and loaded that copied directory onto the newly created PC.  When we went to run TestStand, it would state the sequence file and see all of the sequence, data types, and steps from before, but there is an issue where it does not see the location of the VIs, .NET assemblies and so on that we used in the steps.  What am I missing on loading these items to use to run the test again?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,270 Views)

If all your VI and DLL were in a relative path - you would not have  got this issue.

Other reason is the search directory - you would have added few directories in the search directories of the originial machine.

This added search directories willl be missing in the new PC. YOu can compare the search directories of both machines.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,253 Views)

I am a little confused by what you mean.  We have a complete copy of the sequence files stored with subversion.  When we make updates on one machine, the updates can be put on the other machines and that is how we placed the entire master directory onto the new machine.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,249 Views)

Check for TestStand --> Search directories.

When you select a DLL or VI it is possible that you can add the VI or DLL path to the search directories.

This search directories are specific to that machine only ( is not stored in sequence files - its a TestStand config file).

I am just doubting that the additional search directories ( by default TestStand has some directories in it) maybe the reason.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,246 Views)

I have found what you are talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,244 Views)