NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to filter Test Results by Serial No in Requirements Gateway

In Requirements Gateway I would like to be able to filter Test Results by the Serial No so that I can see the tracibility quickly of how a particular test run performed against the requirements. Is there anyway to do this. Filtering can only be done against Requirements, Entities or References and UUT appears as a section

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,125 Views)

Hey kewsvnet,

Unfortunatley this is not currently supported in NI Requirements Gateway 2012, as the current filitering feature does not allow filtering by "section" attributes. This is a known issue and is under consideration for a future release.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,072 Views)

Hi,

if your report is an xml-file and you only like see this feature in the analsis view, that should be not impossible.

BUT: You have to write your own NI-RG Xml Report Type. Just derive it from NI's one. Under "section" you have to swap File with UUT.
or if file is not important, get rid of it.

Maybe that helps

Juergen 

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,055 Views)

Thanks for replying. I suspected as much. Do we know any timeframe regarding when to expect the next release Requirements Gateway?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,044 Views)

Juergen thanks for your reply

The reports are NI TestStand XML Reports.

I am of a similar opinion of creating my own XML Report Type, although I am not quite sure what to change as such to be able to filter by UUT Serial No.

Regarding your suggestion of swapping File with UUT, while I can do that I do not understand how that would help me filter by UUT Serial No, since File is still a section element. I would appreciate it if you could explain a bit more how to achieve this.

I perosnally feel the way to filter by UUT Serial No would be add the Serial No as a reference attribute somehow, since the only element in this Type which can be filtered is the 'Associated Step' reference. I still haven't figured out how to do it. Any suggestion on this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Kewal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,041 Views)