NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use the find/replace tool to select the actual step in the TestStand sequence instead of just listing matching values in the find window?

The purpose of this is to be able to select many steps that are scattered throughout a sequence so I can change the step type one time.  I could do this now, but it would take me 30 minutes to click through the sequence and select all of the steps before I'd even change the step type because there are different steps inbetween the ones I want to select.  I wouldn't be able to just use the shift key to select multiple steps because of that.  I have about 500 steps I need to select, so it would be worth it to find an automated way to do that.

Unless there's a way to change a step type from a numericlimittest to an action step type from the find/replace window???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,939 Views)

I ended up using ActiveX calls in TestStand to find the steps I wanted and change the step type to Action.  See attached example sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,929 Views)

The Find/Replace Dialog is for text only. Thank you for posting your Sequence File for others to use as a reference.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,862 Views)