NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get all dependencies of a sequence in c#?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to get all dependencies (dll's, vi's,...) of a sequence file in c# without workspaces?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,741 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Seau1

I don't use C# but hopefully you have LabVIEW (to view the attached) and can translate it to C#.

I have done this sort of thing in the past for VIs, not for DLLs but I think it can be modified to include DLLs.  I found the process a bit convoluted (see attached VI).  Maybe there is an easier way to do it that I don't know about (there usually is). 

What I did was to use the TestStand API to get the paths to all the VIs in a sequence (see attached VI) and then use Get VI Dependencies (see below) to get the paths of the Dependencies from the reference of each VI found to build up a list.  See attached code for getting the VI paths from a sequence.  Its a bit rough and ready and will likely give you duplicates if the same VI is called from multiple places in a sequence but I think it should work and scaled to include DLLs and anything else you want.

Steve

VI Dependencies.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,702 Views)

Thank you, I already got a solution for c#, will check your solution out too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,697 Views)

Hi Seau1,

Can you share your solution for c#, please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,694 Views)

Had to put it in a .txt file as i cant format it here. At the moment it only detects VIs and Dlls

Message 5 of 7
(1,688 Views)

Hello, i cannot download any of those attached files - is it a problem in my company, or is it a problem of NI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,231 Views)

@brosian I can still download the files, seems like there it gets blocked by your company

Message 7 of 7
(1,221 Views)