NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid state error in Demo sequence

Hello

I do have TestStand 2020 64bit installed. Now when opening for example following demo-seq:

<TestStand Public>\Examples\Modifying Process Models\Overriding Model Callbacks - Parallel Model\Overriding PreUUT and PostUUT Callbacks.seq

I get following error message from the analyzer:

Message :     Invalid state error: The enumerator 'Prompt' is not valid for the type NI_SequentialTestUUTsTerminationOptions.
File :               <TestStand Public>\Examples\Modifying Process Models\Overriding Model        Callbacks - Parallel Model\Overriding PreUUT and PostUUT Callbacks.seq
Location :      Seq["PostUUT"].Parameters.ModelPluginConfiguration.RuntimeVariables.ModelDialogsEnabled.SequentialTestUUTsTerminationOption
Rule :             Enumeration values must be valid
Description : Each instance of an enumeration type must have a value that the type defines as valid.

What is the root cause here???

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(749 Views)

I see this too when I override various process model callbacks. It seems to be harmless, i.e. the sequence runs OK. The problem is that the Parameters container passed to the callback contains ModelPluginConfiguration -> RuntimeVariables -> ModelDialogsEnabled -> SequentialTestUUTsTerminationOption, which is an enumeration of type NI_SequentialTestUUTsTerminationOptions. However the default value shown in the IDE is

{invalid} [Prompt] (0)

which I guess means it is undefined; I assume that it would be set properly by the process model for any callback that actually uses this value. The valid values are VOLTAGE (0) and CURRENT (1).

The parameter comes from SequentialModel.seq's Locals.ModelPluginConfiguration. I assume that if you were prepared to modify this file you could set it to VOLTAGE (0) and save it. Maybe NI should do that...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(598 Views)