NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremento de memoria en PC

Hola que tal:

Actualmente tengo una secuencia en Teststand que manda a llamar varios VI's para pruebas, entre estos VI's se encuentran algunos tanto de comunicación CAN como LIN, sin embargo, tengo el problema que en cada ciclo de pruebas de cada pieza, la memoria en el proceso de LabView va aumentando poco a poco hasta sobrepasar los 2,000,000 de K.

JhonathanApollocom_0-1615311883432.png

Yo sé que se puede deber a que algunos procesos no se estan cerrando correctamente, sin embargo, ya revise VI por VI pero no encuentro cual de todos me esta generano este problema, alguno de ustedes sabrá si existe una herramienta para monitorear en tiempo real la memoria que usa cada VI?

Muchas gracias por su apoyo.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,009 Views)

Hello,

First of all, sorry wrinting this in english, but I don't speak/write a word of spanish (I mean, without the help of deepl or any other translate tool).

In LabVIEW, you can use the menu Tools » Profile » Performance and Memory... to track memory usage. I don't know if it has any sense when called from TestStand (not tried). Are your VIs reentrants ?

An other thing, I notice in the screenshot you send that you are using the LabVIEW application. Did you try to get it run with LabVIEW Run-Time adapter ? Does the memory leak occurs in this case ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(963 Views)

Hi, 

You can also use LabVIEW's execution trace toolkit to identify reference leaks in your LabVIEW code. 

LabVIEW 2019 Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit for Windows Readme - National Instruments (ni.com)

Another useful link - Troubleshooting Memory Growth Issues in TestStand Systems - National Instruments (ni.com)

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

Message 3 of 4
(960 Views)

Hello Mathieu:

Sorry for my Spanish description, i will use english from here.

I use LabView to execute the tests in the machine, but these VI's are called and executed from Teststand in each cycle, in fact, the graphic interface is Teststand. The LabView app is the main problem, because after some cycles it starts to increment the memory up to 2,400,000 K.

I tried to use the tool Performance and Memory as you recommended me but it didn´t show me any information, maybe this tool doesn't work in conjunction with Teststand.

I attached some print pages in order to show you the increment of the PC memory.

Thank you very much for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(925 Views)