NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including TestExec.ini in Deployment

We need to include TestExec.ini into a TestStand Deployment to allow TestStand to automatically login to the Windows System user.  Unfortunately when we include our TestExec.ini in our TS build, running the resultant image gives us a strange ActiveX Error.

Our system runs fine without TestExec.ini in the build but doesn't automatically login to the Windows User, can we use a cutdown version of TestExec.ini that just contains the auto windows login bit?

Regards

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,896 Views)

Hi,

You should beable to login as an administrator and set that option up in the Configure Station Options of the Testexec.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,889 Views)

Thanks for your reply Ray.

We have no problem configuring our development machines to automatically login tothe windows system user, we are now trying to distribute our TS System to a standalone machine that has no sequence editor or way of configuring the station options and so we need to distribute the fact that we want it to automatically login to the windows system user rather than configuring our System once the software is installed.

It is the TestExec.ini file that gets updated when you configure TS to automatically login to the windows user so I thought it would be as simple as including TestExec.ini in the build.

Regards

Steve  

There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,893 Views)

Steve,

I take you have a customised IO.

If you dont initialy have the testexec.ini file once deployed on your target system, then the file is generated using the default setting when you first run the OI application.

What is this the strange error you are seeing.

Do you use a third party installer or are you using the TestStand installer created by the deployment tool?

You might be able to run a sequencefile which setups up the login by teststand API call StationOption.AutoLoginSystemUser.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 12
(4,887 Views)

Yeah that's all good.  It will generate a TestExec.ini but the default is NOT Login to System User.  We need to override this default. 

How much of the TestExec.ini do we need can we just include the AutoLoginSystemUser = True into [Config] in TestExec.ini and leave it at that?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,883 Views)

Hi Ray

Just added SetProperty AutoLoginSystemUser to the FrontEndCallback and everything is good, thanks for your help.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,878 Views)

Steve,

Sorry about that, just re-read my input, I was rambling a bit.

I dont know how much is needed, but I would guess it needs what ever it generates as default and if you had a file with just AutoLoginSystemUser = True into [Config] it might just add the rest to your file but at worst overwrite your file totally.

Easy answer would be to delete the default file on your target system, then add your minimal file then run your OI.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,877 Views)

Steve,

I tried a modified ini file which had the [_Header_], [DEF, %OBJROOT], [DEF, Config] and [Config].

In [DEF, Config] was AutoLoginSystemUser = Bool

In [Config] was AutoLoginSystemUser = True

Then launched the OI which login automaticaly. The resultant ini file was updated with the default and the AutoLoginSystemUser remain unaltered.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 8 of 12
(4,871 Views)

Two answers for the price of one, cheers Ray.  I'm gonna stick with the FrontEndCallback modification.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,859 Views)
Nice work guys.

For anyone else interested in this approach, the following link may be of use:

How To Avoid Displaying a Login Dialog Box When You Launch the Sequence Editor or an Operator Interf...
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,851 Views)