From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In TestStand, How do I pass variables to a sequence, other than the standard Input Buffer?

I have Labview VIs that have arrays as inputs, I want to pass information in that array to the VI. TestStand already has the Input Buffer setup, but how do I create more input buffers, like array input buffers?? I know that the "Parameters" section in the sequence file is for passing info to subsequences, but that does not help me, Thank you in advance!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,140 Views)
See the TestStand shipping example located in the directory \Examples\AccessingArrays\UsingLabVIEW. This will show you how to pass arrays back and forth from a VI to a sequence variable.

If you are trying to create a step that handles arrays, then you will need to create a new step type that has an array step property. There is an example on the NI web site of a step type that handles arrays. Go to www.ni.com/support and search the Examples Program database using the search string of:

+"step type" +waveform +teststand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,140 Views)