NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing/Exporting INF Limits

I have configured a TestStand sequence with a single NumericLimitTest step (using the LabVIEW Adapter but I am not sure that is relevant).  My step has a Lower Limit value of INF.  I can export my sequence properties successfully (including the LL), using the Import/Export Properties... in the TS Tool menu.  However when I import the properties back into my sequence, my LL of INF gets modified to "Infinity" (see post-import screen shot below).

Capture.JPG

At run-time my sequence works fine, TestStand recognises "Infinity" as infinity but it is a little bit strange that it is not recognised at design time.

I am guessing this is something that has been introduced to TS recently (ish) as I don't recall it working in that way on TS2012 (my previous version).  Any thoughts, suggestions or clarifications about why TS would work this way greatly received.

Steve 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,073 Views)

Hi Steve,

I have tested in TS2016. Export/Import is working on -INF/+INF/INF there

(tested with "none" adapter)

Which version is not working for you?

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 2 of 3
(2,042 Views)

Thanks Jeurgen

I am running TS2016 as well.  I have not been able to reproduce the issue today, I have attempted to recreate what I did yesterday and I have also tried a similar sequence that uses the None Adapter both export and import INF limits fine Smiley Frustrated.

If I manage to get it doing it again I will post up the sequence and properties file.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,037 Views)