NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore Termination and Interactive Execution

I added a callback sequence to my Process Model.
I select the option "Ignore Termination" of the sequence call ("Test UUTs" enrty point) to control the execution flow when the user wants to terminate the execution.

I execute a test sequence and terminate the execution while my callback is running :
  1. When I execute the whole test sequence (using the Process Model entry point), the status of the step (sequence call that calls my callback) is "Terminated".
  2. But when I run only some selected steps of the test sequence (interactive execution), the status of the step is "Passed".
I want to get the status of the step to do some post actions.
Why the status of the step in interactive execution is different from the status in "normal" execution ?

TestStand version is 3.1f1.

Bruno

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,109 Views)

Hi Bruno,

Do you use "Run Selected Steps" or "Run Selected Steps using...."?

The first option, just runs the selected steps. The second option runs the selected step but uses the process models, either Test UUTs or Single Pass.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,111 Views)
Hi,

I use "Run Selected Steps using...." :
I set a breakpoint
in the execution entry point of the process model and I can see the step status of the callback call.
The status is "terminated" for a complete execution of the test sequence and is "passed" for an interactive execution of the test sequence.

Bruno
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,105 Views)
I did some new tests...

I missed an important information : I use the full-featured interface operator (cvi).
I don't see the problem with seqedit.

Bruno
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,105 Views)
Hi,

I attach some files to show you exactly what I mean :
  • test sequence and process model
  • image files of the execution
I use the Single Pass execution entry point (complete and interactive execution).
I set a breakpoint  just after the execution of the MainSequence (in Single Pass sequence) to see the status of my sequence and the status of the MainSequence.
I terminate the execution while executing "MySequence" (a popup tells you when to terminate the execution).
I run the test sequence with both seqedit and testexec --> See the results in the image files.

Can anyone explain me why there is a difference between the interactive execution in seqedit and the interactive execution in testexec ?

Bruno

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,085 Views)