From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for how to handle this Report/Database situation..?

The test I am working on generates a lot of files we want to maintain for engineering purposes.

So for every test, I create a local folder to hold all of that.

When the test ends, I need to:

• Copy the TestStand-generated PDF into that folder
  • Run a query against the DB to create a report and save to that folder
  • Copy that entire folder to the network
  • Copy three specific files (the report, the DB report and another file) to another specific network location

(If you are thinking "You are out of your mind to rely on the network being up during testing" you are right.  However, that decision was made above me, my dissent noted)

I am using the std serial process model.

Ideally I would run the DB report after the DB insertion in the callback, and the report copy to my folder in the TestReport Calback.

Then, in one of those, I would wait for the other to be done, and do my network copies.

I am able to run the DB report after the record to DB step in the LogToDatabase callback.

However, the "TestReport" callback appears to do nothing on my system.  Code inserted in there after the "Do Report" step doesn't run, and any breakpoints I place in there do not fire.

Question 1:  Why is my code not running in the TestReport Callback?  Is it because I am using OTF reporting?  I am doing this because this test has a rather long report (over 1500 test points, 13 minute test).

Question 1a:  If it is because of OTF, is there a place I can insert my code?

Question 2: Assuming I am able to figure out Q1, what is the best way to run my network copy code AFTER both of those other routines are done?  Should I place a notifier in one and wait in the other?  Or find a third step that gets launched and waits for both?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(457 Views)