NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI switch check if route(s) are connected

Solved!
Go to solution

Trying to connect an allready connected route will generate an error.

What is the best way to check if a route groupe is connected before trying to make a connection?

I m using IVI and Switch Executive to connect/disconnect route groupes.

Trying to build a general switch sequence some thing like this.

Get the group route name as an argument. First check if the route group is connected(avoiding an error). If its not, connect the groupe route, else do nothing.

Using the "Get Information" Operation and entering the "route"(not groupe) in Channel 1 and Channel 2 and checking the Status seems to work,

But it only seems to work using the route names(not Group Route names). 

And i cant find how to resolve the groupe route names to routes using the IVI Switch step. (can do this using Labview. but you cant combine LV IVI and IVI switch)

/J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author std

You are looking for multiconnect routes. It is a setting you can configure in NI Switch Executive (NISE) for the routes individually.

Enabling this setting allows a route to connect multiple times without generating the error you were mentioning.

However, opening a route must be done as often as you closed it before. It is the task of the calling application to keep track on how often you closed it or you simply repreat opening the route until you get an error from NISE.

I think there is already the feature request that NISE stores the number of closings per route and add functions to query that information. Sadly, i didn't find it in less than a minute so maybe you want to spend more time to find it. If you don't find it, please feel free to post it (in the idea exchange forums!).

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,722 Views)