NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I

have a text file that is an output of a windows application. I want to use data from this file to fill it in a step property that is 3 dimensions array of numbers. I mean if there is a way to do it during or before the running of the sequence by the user.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,420 Views)
have a text file that is an output of a windows application. I want to use data from this file to fill it in a step property that is 3 dimensions array of numbers. I mean if there is a way to do it during or before the running of the sequence by the user.To fill in the step property during execution, you can set a step property from inside your code module. If it is a LabView VI, get the text from the file using one of the file VIs, convert the string to numbers, and then use the TestStand-property set value(number, boolean, string) VIs with lookup string such as "step.array[i][j][k]" where i, j, and k are counters for your array. Since you have a 3d array, the VI to set the value would be in a nested loop of 3 loops. In CVI, you would use the equivalent TS_propertysetval functions(TS_propertysetvalnumber,TS_propertysetvalstring,TS_propertysetvalboolean).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,420 Views)