NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to use a dll function in teststand. How do I pass parameters into this function that controls a tds210 tektronix scope via GPIB Interface.

In which way do I add the paremeters in teststand environment?
Could you send me an example please.
Thank you.
Arik.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,487 Views)
Hi,

Find attached a small example which should help solve your question.

It's based on an example on the NI web site for TestStand.

The dll function receives two variables adds them and returns the answer back in the second parameter. Looking at the TestStand sequence, two variables are defined in the Locals Group called NumA and NumB. These are passed to the Step. This can be seen if you look at the specification of the step. ie select the step, right-mouse click and select specify module.., there you will see the link to Locals.NumA and Locals.NumB.

All you need to do is add your tds210 instrument function.

Hope this helps

Regards
Ray
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,487 Views)
Thanks for the help Ray, I appreciate it.
Regards
Arik
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,487 Views)
Hi,

Find attached a small example which should help solve your question.

It's based on an example on the NI web site for TestStand.

The dll function receives two variables adds them and returns the answer back in the second parameter. Looking at the TestStand sequence, two variables are defined in the Locals Group called NumA and NumB. These are passed to the Step. This can be seen if you look at the specification of the step. ie select the step, right-mouse click and select specify module.., there you will see the link to Locals.NumA and Locals.NumB.

All you need to do is add your tds210 instrument function.

Hope this helps

Regards
Ray
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 3 of 4
(3,487 Views)