NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to build I data base in teststand which collect data from labview , if you have example (sequence) that give me some way to build sequence

I would like to build a data base in teststand which collect data from labview program , if you have example (sequence) that give me some way to build sequence that have step of action for labview and step
data base
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,931 Views)
Not sure what you're asking. Do you need a way to get data from a LabVIEW VI into TestStand? You can use the Test Data control or write to a TestStand variable. There's a couple examples that come with TestStand and more in the Resource Library. To have TestStand do datalogging, create the database as descibed in the user manual and then enable logging by configuring it from the Database Options menu. If you don't like the way TestStand writes to a database, look at WritingAndReadingTableData.seq in Examples>Database.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,931 Views)
There is an example in the \TestStand\Examples\Database directory. Basically there are two ways to connect to your database.

1. You can use the TestStand database step types. There are steps for opening/closing a database connection, opening/closing an SQL statement, and a step for performing a data operation.

2. The other way is to use the TestStand database logging capability to write your results to the database. This is the way I would recommend. With database logging, you use the step results container to record all your results as the sequence runs. (This is done automatically by TestStand). When the sequence is complete, the process model calls a "Log to Database" sequence that will write the results to the database. You must define your datab
ase schema using Configure->Database Options. There are some default (or example) schema definitions already defined. Refer to chapter 18 of your TestStand manual.

Another way to log the data as the sequence is running is shown in the \TestStand\Examples\OnTheFlyReports. This has the advantage of recording data as it is obtained, but it is not as efficient in terms of using a database connection. I don't recommend using this method.

Please post again if you have any more questions. If you are using stored procedures with your database, I can probably give you some tips.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,931 Views)