From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to disable the popups when I started up TestStand by using VI.

I have created an TS interface with LabVIEW. When I run the VI to start up the TS, many popups appear. Can I disable these popus?

Login.PNG

UUT Information.PNG

Login.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,787 Views)

First screenshot: Login. You can disable this by using Windows System User (User Manager requires user names equal to the ones you use in Windows) or you disable user management completely (Station Options >> User Management).

Second screenshot: Process Model Pre-UUT Callback. Either override it in your client sequence file or use the SinglePass Execution Entry Point (if applicable). If you chose override: Please take care that this callback determins if a new DUT is available. So it also ends testing if the last DUT was tested (ContinueTesting boolean variable).

Third screenshot: Process Model Post-UUT Callback. You can safely override that with an empty sequence in your client sequence file as the default model only has the popup in there. No additional things to take care of.

EDIT: Running SinglePass will also remove that without the need of an override.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 8
(4,785 Views)

Can I execute a sequence by single pass running by LabVIEW VI? Or, can I configure the TS to be single pass running mode every time I start it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,765 Views)

Sure you can, the question is the best/recommended way.

Is your "VI" a headless (no GUI) application which you want to use from external applications like e.g. scripts?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,761 Views)

Sorry for responding late. I replaced the model of TS with an empty sequence as you said, and then I can't start up TS with following  prompt.

Tip.PNG

I clicked the button "确定"(means OK), and following popup appears.

Deny.PNG

Finally, I can't open TestStand. I want to know how to repair my TS without reinstalling.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,737 Views)

@GrayJoker wrote:

[...]. I replaced the model of TS with an empty sequence as you said, [...]

I never told you to replace the model. I told you to create model callback overrides inside your client sequence file.

However, the errors you are seeing are not connected to an invalid process model file. Did your SeqEdit process crash in the past?

Fact is, that your SeqEdit layout configuration file is corrupted. Restoring a default one requires you to have write access to the TestStand program files folder. Obviously, restricted user rights on Windows prohibit you to do so.

Can you start SeqEdit.exe using admin rights?

If not, i recommend you to try a repair installation of NI TestStand.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,733 Views)

I have modified the SequencialModel.seq, and the popups disappeared. But, when I wanted to Call a VI in the model, following error happened.

Error.png

The VI I Writted is " WriteFlag.vi ", and the error is " Index was outside the bounds of the array ". Could you give some suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,691 Views)

It seems to me that you pass an array element to the VI. Please verify that when indexing the array in the parameter expression that you pick an index of an existing element. Otherwise, you get this error.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,685 Views)