From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use a PXI-5401 function gen

erator. I try to pilote it with TestStantd. I think i can use one of the DLL of the driver and call DLL function diretly from TestStand. In fact with "nifgen_32.dll", the function "niFgen_IviInit" fail with error : "0xBFFF000E" (-107387346). How can i do ?
(my hardware is good, i can drive the genator using LabWindows CVI)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,944 Views)
erator. I try to pilote it with TestStantd. I think i can use one of the DLL of the driver and call DLL function diretly from TestStand. In fact with "nifgen_32.dll", the function "niFgen_IviInit" fail with error : "0xBFFF000E" (-107387346). How can i do ?Calling a DLL function from TestStand should be no different than calling that same function from within any other programming environment. The particular error you are seeing is defined in LabVIEW and CVI as shown below:

Warning -1073807346 occurred at an unidentified location.

Possible reasons:

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid.

You might try and perform an Ivi Close function first. If you have initialized an instrument session and have not closed that session and you try and initialize that session again you will get a similar error. Also make sure you have all of your logical names and virtual instrument names assigned properly within MAX. I am also assuming that you are calling these DLLs using the Flex DLL Adapter? Since
these DLLs were not written for use with the CVI adapter function prototype. This problem sounds more like an instrument configuration/communication issue rather than a TestStand issue, however I hope this helps.

Richard McDonell
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,944 Views)
erator. I try to pilote it with TestStantd. I think i can use one of the DLL of the driver and call DLL function diretly from TestStand. In fact with "nifgen_32.dll", the function "niFgen_IviInit" fail with error : "0xBFFF000E" (-107387346). How can i do ?I don't use the PXI-5401, but I do call my instruments that I do use by calling directly their dll via the DLL Flexible Prototype Adapter (hp34401a_32.dll, tktds2x0_32.dll).
Just like I assume you are calling nifgen_32.dll

I have station globals to hold the instruments handles to reference the instruments later in TestStand. This all worked fine until one day I started getting the very same error
code 0xBFFF000E" (-107387346) I am not sure what changed. If I changed something in my program or was it after a TestStand update.

I have the �open� instrument calls in my SequenceFileLoad callback saving the returned instrument handle in station globals. To fix my problem I had to add 'open' call to PreUUT and SequenceFilePreInteractive callbacks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,944 Views)