From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to create a new custom types pallet for a separate project

I would like to create a new types pallet for a new project say project #2.  I currently have an existing project say project #1 that has its own custom step types.  I try to clear out the types pallet for project #2 so that I can start fresh but it will also clear out the type pallet for project #1.  How can I create a seperate MyTypes.ini for project #2?  Is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,479 Views)

Hi BCH63,

There are some issues with creating multiple MyTypes.ini files since two concurring files with create a Type Conflict. Is there something unique in your application that requires multiple ini files since you can create multiple custom steps and actions in a single ini file?

I’ve also attached a white paper on an overview of Types in TestStand that explains Type Conflicts with INI files.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7060/en/#toc2

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,447 Views)

Thanks for the response.  Yes, we could add a new layer to the types menu for this new project.  I was hoping I could tell TestStand where to find mytypes.ini.  That way I could have a project specific mytypes.  I'm not sure if it is possible to define where TestStand finds its global configuration files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,441 Views)

Hi,

Maybe there is another solution on handling type pallete files: Do NOT use them.

Just read discussion on this thread

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/type-file-managment-with-source-code-control/td-p/2567099/highl...

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,420 Views)