NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get error"ExtraPutty dll this function either does not have parameter information in the dll or uses types not recognized by TestStand" when I am trying to use ExtraPutty dll

I am using Extraputty.26 dll  in TestStand3.5 to communicate with the target device,but I get this error " this function either does not have parameter information in the dll or uses types not recognized by TestStand" when I try to initiate the connection through Connexion_F. And also when I use function SendRcvData_F I can`t manipulate the received data like save it to a text file.

Any ideas about that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,209 Views)

I had a problem similar when I changed from an older extraputty version to a newer one late last year. Currently using 0.27

Reinstall extraputty using the latest installer and ENSURE that you also install the teststand steps pointing to the proper teststand directory structure.

I believe the number of arguements in the DLL had changed between a few versions and the reinstallation will take care of it. The only caveat is that you use the newer teststand steps included with the installer.

That should solve your problems

Ashm01

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,203 Views)

I tried that and I don`t get that message anymore, but  the "Initialize Connexion" step still makes Run Time Error with undefined reason.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,189 Views)

Did you replace the existing initialize connection step with the new one also? and ensure that the parameters, protocol etc are configured properly. It should work also

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,186 Views)

Yes I insert a new step using Putty menue in TestStand,for parameters I used as follow:

Putty.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,183 Views)

Strange, the step type being used does not seem to have gotten updated. I am attaching a screen shot of the steps types and the expression string for the connection.

Despite the step type not being updated, the arguement looks similar except you have some & (and) within the expression which I dont seem to have.

Ashm01

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,173 Views)

Hi,

I have same issue that the Teststand does not have parameter information in the dll or uses types not recognized by TestStand. Do you solve this problem now? If you did,Could you share your experience with me?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,856 Views)

Since this is an old issue, I would suggest cretae a new thread and referencing this forum. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,843 Views)