NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a 'No such interface supported' error when running ActiveX server from TestStand. Why does this happen?

I've been developing test code from Visual Basic, and generating an ActiveX EXE server that I call from by TestStand sequence. Sometimes I get the 'No such interface supported' error when I try to execute some steps from TS. Sometimes I close VB and TS and the problem is solved, but other times I need to unregister and re-register my application under a different name. Any clue of how to solve this problem without having to re-register the application?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,995 Views)
Hello,

Sometimes you may get the "Interface not Supported" depending on what you are doing. Ex.: If you try to display a form and you use Form1.Show without the vbModal keyword, you get an error. It needs to be modal in order to be properly displayed. You may also check under Project Properties what Version Compatibility you are using. By default it should be Project Compatibility, but Binary should also work fine.

What are you doing in your code? Are you using any 3rd party ocx in your VB Project? Can you give some more details?

Roberto Piacentini
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,995 Views)
I am not using any third party ocx. I have VB code that my tests are written in. The code does pop up boxes for operator instructions. But...I get the above error when I start Teststand, and first run the sequence. No boxes pop up at this point, it seems like it didn't even run code yet and I get this error. I have project compatibility set.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,995 Views)