NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am running TestStand 1.0.1 and I wonder who I can "Run Selected Step" in a subSequence in the "TestStand Operator Interface"?

Hello!

I am running TestStand 1.0.1 and I wonder who I can "Run Selected Step" and "Loop on selected steps" in a subSequence in the "TestStand Operator Interface"?

When I am in the main sequence I can go to the "Execute" menu and select "Run Selected Step" or "Loop on selected steps" but, I can�t open a subSequence and run one single test in the subSequence.

If I use the "TestStand - Sequence Editor" there is no problem, here I can open a subSequence and run one single step. But in the production line in our factory the policy is that only the "Operator Interface" shall be used. The feature I need is useful for trouble sho
oting.

I use TestStand to call LabVIEW code.

Jan Inge Gustavsen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,224 Views)
Good evening. I believe the functionality you are looking for already exists in the default LabVIEW operator interface that ships with TestStand. I verified this using the LabVIEW operator interface and Computer Motherboard Test example sequence with the CPU subsequence that installs as an example with TestStand.

I am not sure which operator interface you are using though. If you are using the default LabVIEW operator interface you can highlight a sequence call step in a test sequence and select "Run Selected Step" to execute that sequence call which will execute all steps contained within the called sequence. You will only see the steps execute in the execution display window if you have tracing enabled. If you are wanting to execute single steps within a
subsequence you can do this as well. If the subsequence is within the same sequence file as the top level test sequence you can select the subsequence from the 'Sequence' ring selector in the operator interface and then highlight and execute just the step you are interested in. If the subsequence is located within a different sequence file then you will first have to open that sequence file within the operator interface and then select the appropriate sequence and step.

Richard McDonell
Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments Corp.
www.ni.com/ask
Message 2 of 2
(3,224 Views)