NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting the message error when trying to run the labwindowa/CVI adapters for debug

See attachments for error message and teststand settings. I am running testand 4.0.1

It was working before and suddenly it crash and then I am getting that error message every time

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,884 Views)

I'm sure you've seen this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E18393E722BA45AD86256ACE007EEC98

Also, you might try running the TS version selector.

If neither work then you can try a repair on TS and/or CVI.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,875 Views)

I agree with Jiggawax; definitely check the tscvirun.prj and make sure it's set as an executable target. Does the tscvirun project open properly in CVI?

One thing to note; the repair install simply replaces any missing files and will not fix corruption in existing files. For that reason, we typically recommend an uninstall/reinstall of the software. I'd start with the steps in the KB Jiggawax linked, though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,869 Views)

It works but not totally.

By rebuilding the tscvirun.exe, as describe at step 1 to the link, I am now able to run into the code but at the end I get the attached error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,865 Views)

It seems that something might still be corrupted or not registered properly. Have you tried running the TestStand Version Selector to re-select your current version of TestStand as the active version?

Also, you mentioned that it crashed and now things aren't working. What exactly occurred when it crashed? Was this just TestStand freezing, or did the entire system freeze or crash? Did you see an error message of any kind?

If the version selector doesn't help things, I would suggest a reinstall of TestStand (and possibly CVI, but let's start with TestStand). To clarify, we want to do an uninstall/reinstall rather than a repair, because the repair will only replace missing files. If a file is corrupted, the uninstall/reinstall should replace it.

Let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,838 Views)