cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto change call type without losing parameters

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with almost all my sequence files. I need to change the labview call type from a "VI call" to "Class Member Call". And I need to do this for all my labview steps. 

But when I change it by selecting the right call type, then I lose all my parameters for the vi.

Is there a way to convert all call type to a specific call type without losing parameters?

I'm using TestStand 2016 SP1 b.t.w.

Many thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,035 Views)

Hey delta,

I think the answer is unfortunately not at the moment. You can select multiple steps and change the call type in one go but this will remove the parameters.

We have CAR #702128 filed for TestStand erasing the parameters you populate when switching the Call Type, so I'd keep an eye out for this being fixed in the next releases of TestStand.

Thanks,Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,000 Views)

Hi Rebecca,

Could you tell me if this issue has been resolved? I need to change a lot of sequence files from VI call to Class Member Call. This would mean a lot of work if I need to change everything manually. 

Is there a bug tracker somewhere where I can track this issue? I don't see the number in any of the known issue lists.

Best regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,804 Views)

Hi Erik, 

I can confirm no fix has been implemented yet, and this issue is still being tracked through CAR #702128 (or Bug #220895).

I've added your feedback to the case so developers can reference this in their product planning. If there's anything else I can do to help the situation let me know. 

Kind regards,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author delta

I found a workaround for this issue for now. When you need to change the CallType and don't wan't to lose all the settings you need to empty the VI path and the project path. Then the arguments become unmapped. Then you can change the CallType, and select the class member. TestStand will automatically remap the arguments if available.

The same goes for when changing from Class Member Call to VI Call: Empty the class name and project path, then the same trick applies.

But a bug fix would be highly appreciated! Because this process takes a long time, when dealing with multiple steps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,678 Views)