NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a call executable to run a script through

Hi I am new to teststand. I use testand on windows 10 and i'm actually trying to execute some bash scripts that I have already tested on linux and on windows using the softaware cygwin. I saw that in order to do that i needed to use a call executable fonction in the insertion palette, and then chose in the file path name section cmd to open a windows terminal or mintty for my cygwin terminal. the question I would like to ask is how can i enter the commands to go to my scripts location and execute them automaticaly in a console ? 

thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,890 Views)

Have you seen this? http://www.ni.com/tutorial/8847/en/

It might help.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,868 Views)

Yes thank you i found that tutorial. But now i am having some difficulty to acces the standart output stream of  my script into teststand. I have a bash script that test a value and then print one particular message if I enter the correct value, and another one if i entre the wrong value I managed to run my script into teststand, but it gave me the "test sequence passed" answer every time, althought i want my test to fail when i give my script a wrong parameter. I followed the related part on this link http://www.ni.com/tutorial/8847/en/. In standard output i choosed store in variable property as output destination Step.StdOutput.Text as default. In the additional result panel i added a standart output result from the list and when I run my test, the standard output part in my report is empty, it's just 2 quotes ''. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,846 Views)

Store it as a local variable and then in another step do the analysis.  For example you could have a String Value Type check the local variable. 

Step.Result.Status has to be set to "Failed" in order for you to see that on the report.  The String Value Type step does this automatically against a string.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,819 Views)