From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop a thread "New execution/thread" from main thread?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

in my sequence i am calling a subsequence with new thread "New execution/thread" where a yes/no popup is shown.

If something in the main program occurs then the user can click on the yes button to execute special steps in the thread sequence, otherwise he presses no. In both cases the new thread is finished after this.

Now the question is: Is there a way to stop/close this running execution/thread (where the yes/no popup is shown) from my main program?

Currently the only workaroun is to loop the popup and set a variable in the main sequence when the loop can be stopped. But this produces a blinking popup...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,475 Views)
Solution
Accepted by OnlyOne

Check out this example and let me know if this is close to what you are looking for.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 6
(3,444 Views)

Exactly.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,436 Views)

Hi all ; 

I face a problem very similar  to this , the only differrence is the I add a Subsequence to the first Subsequence ( main sequence --> Subsequence-1 --> Subsequence_2 ) .

the Subsequence_2  is works in "NewThread" and it must be stoped from the main sequence.

Any solution please . 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,085 Views)

I'm assuming subsequence 1 is also in a new thread?  Otherwise your request makes no sense.

Attached a revised sequence file.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,075 Views)

thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,069 Views)