From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save content of local variables?

Hello,

what do i have to do that the content of the local variables (which are changing while a sequence is running) are still available after the testplan has finished?

Is there something like a commit to disk statement that can be inserted after changing a local?

Thanks

BR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,984 Views)

You could instead use a station global, which do persist.  I would instead just save the value to a configuration file.

Message 2 of 7
(2,942 Views)

t want to save to StationGlobal as this makes it not easy to send seqeunces to customers.

Meanwhile i found the solution how to save locals to the file by using the statement: RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Seq["MainSequence"].Locals.myVariable.

Besides this:

How can i save/read a value from a configuration file with only teststand-tools and no extra Dll/sw?

Thanks

BR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,866 Views)

@OnlyOne wrote:

How can i save/read a value from a configuration file with only teststand-tools and no extra Dll/sw?

Use a Property Loader step.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,860 Views)

As Crossrulz said, loading can be done via the property loader.  Saving new values would require special software for creating those files.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,858 Views)

Hi,

I found the solution posted by ~jiggawax~ in this thread: https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/How-to-read-a-textfile-in-TestStand/m-p/774125

It is working without any extra sw and without the property loader.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,830 Views)

You can set the property of Local Variable by right clicking it - Go to Advanced - Edit Flags and set its property to 0x40000 (shared at runtime). It will retain its value after the test sequence is completed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,652 Views)