NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the "Passed" text in the report for logged entries

Many of our reports contain logged entries.  The issue is that TS records these with a green "Passed" flag in the report, even though the COMP is "Log".

This has proven confusing for people who are unfamiliar with the report format.

I have been tasked with removing this flag.

Is there a reasonable way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(682 Views)

OK, this was easier than I thought... you have to edit the Result Status in the Locals for that step AFTER the step is complete.

But here's a question...  I overrode SequenceFilePost Step to do this, so it works within the local sequence.  But if I am calling a sub-sequence in another file, I would need to override it there too.

Is there a global post step?  Or maybe I should put this in PostUUT and loop through the entire set up results at once?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(670 Views)

There are 3 levels of engine callbacks: Sequence, ProcessModel and Station

SequenceFilePostStep is the one you are seeing and only applies to the sequence file within which it resides.

ProcessModelPostStep can only be instantiated inside of a process model and applies to the client file and any of its hierarchy.  Downside of doing this is now you have to maintain a customized process model.

StationPostStep can only be instantiated in the stationcallbacks.seq file.  It applies to all steps in all sequence files (including the process models).  Be careful with this as it could potentially slow down TestStand dramatically if you have a heavy algorithm in there.

PostMainSequence callback would be the best place to loop through the entire result list if you were going to do that option.  Which is honestly, probably your best and most flexible option.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 4
(665 Views)

Ah; I somehow missed the Process Model Post Step.

I am maintaining a customized process model, so this works.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(662 Views)