NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the Failure Chain from report header?

I want to remove the Failure Chain from the report header. Failure chain displays only the 1st test which is failed rather than displaying all failed teststeps. so i want to remove this failure chain section from the report header.

Please can anyone suggest me how to remove that. ?

thanks & regards

sameer kulkarni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,036 Views)

Hi Sameer,

I am an Application Engineer at National Instruments and will try and help you with your enquiry.

Am I right in thinking you want to be able to display all the failed steps displayed in the failure chain and you are using a Test Stand version 2 or later?

As default Test Stand only reports the first test that failed in the failure chain. However, it is possible to expand the failure chain to show all failed steps. Below is included a KnowledgeBase article that will highlight the process for doing this:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4563

Please try the above steps and let me know if this solves your problem. If you require any further assistance please get in touch,

Regards,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,512 Views)

Aaron,

I tried the walkthrough at the link you posted, and it doesn't work for me.  I am running TestStand 2013.  Is there any update on how to display all failed steps in TS 2013?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,369 Views)

Sameer,

I checked the link.

The paths shown in the link are for old TestStand( < TS 4.2.1).

Please try with the new TS path:

Copy from :

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models\TestStandModels\reportgen_html.seq

To
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models\TestStandModels\reportgen_html.seq

Other instructions are same.

Ravi S

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,347 Views)

Ravi,

I followed the steps as outlined with the new paths, but the report continues to include only the first failure.

I had to create the TestStandModels folder under C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models

I put a breakpoint at the top of AddReportHeader and at the top of PutOneResultInReport, AddReportHeader gets called, but PutOneResultInReport never gets called when I run a sequence with several failures using Single Pass execution.

Also when modifying the preconditions of Add All Failed Steps, the line NOT EXECUTED Update Failure Stack was giving me a syntax error, so I modified it to check if the previous step was skipped due to the preconditions (specifically ~StrComp(RunState.PreviousStep.Result.Status,"Skipped") )

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,341 Views)

Hi to all,

I am trying to add all steps failed in the failure chain of the html report in teststand 2013 but I doesn´t worl properly. Is there any solution? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,186 Views)