NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read Teststand sequence files in a windows environment

I am reviewing developers test software remote from the development station. Without needing to purchase TestStand I wand to read the files in a windows environment. I downloaded TestStand Sequence File Viewer.TSF and I  have the sequence files in .xml but it will not run. How can I run the viewer outside of Test Stand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,602 Views)

A sequence file is a list of instructions for the TS engine. The TS engine will put together objects to build the sequence during loading of the file.

The default file formats for sequence files (binary, xml or ini) have a strict layout. Not following that layout will break the file for TS. Therefore, if you consider that layout to be "unreadable", there is no way to comply with your request.

However, you can essentially have any type of file as sequence file. The key technology for this is "Sequence File Translator". A Sequence File Translator is a plugin DLL for TS to read an arbitrary file and convert it (in memory) into a set of TS objects.

This way, you can have a "readable" as sequence file. But there is one downside: TS cannot save into such a file format. The translator is one way only!

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,554 Views)

Have you tried getting the latest version from here?:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Labs-Toolkits/TestStand-Sequence-File-Viewer/ta-p/3525521

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,545 Views)

there is no way to use viewer without test stand, you need to purchase it first otherwise it will not run, as this is standalone product of NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,630 Views)

Are you saying the viewer didn’t run or are trying the run the sequencefile in the viewer.

the viewer doesn’t need to have TestStand installed and provided you have the sequence files in XML format you should be able to view them.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 5 of 5
(2,561 Views)