NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to personalize your generation report ?

Hello Jigg,

The Excel document is used to check the cabinet' hardware configuration with the exact location of all cards with its references (AI/AO/DI/DO).

For instance, if there are 10 AI, 15 AO, 5DI and 20 DO,

the testsequence gonna call 10 AI sequences,  15 AO sequence, etc ...

Each call sequences will refer to a cabinet location. So the operator will just plug and play wires between our DUT (card on the correct location) to the simulator and launch the sequence.Change plug and play system to another card and launch another sequence.

As you explained in the previous post, it is better to generate a report until all cards have been tested. As severals testsequences will have to be launched before the end of the test, should we generate a report at the end of every sequence or just one like you said at the end ?

Can we use Excel to do our report generation ? How to do so ? (ActiveX ?)

Can we use a blank model that TestStand could fill in at the end of each sequences ?

How to generate a document writing NOT Tested as the default ?

Hope this is still clear...

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(638 Views)

So I think I'm starting to understand your situation a little better.  Reporting is one of those things that can go a number of ways.  Personally I like 1 report for each DUT.  However, it depends upon the requirements.  In our organization a report is printed out and passed along with the DUT.  Therefore we know if a DUT has been tested if it has a report with it.  We also store our reports on a shared drive if we ever need to retrieve them. 

Ideally you would have a database where the results get stored as well.  Then you can create a backend tool to look at what has been tested and what hasn't based on the data in the database.

You can generate reports in Excel but it is not trivial.  You would pretty much have to rewrite all the reporting code in the process model.  And yes you would use activex to do it.

Why would you ever want a document that says NOT Tested?  Why wouldn't you just assume that if there isn't a document then it wasn't tested?  Just curious.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 22 of 23
(629 Views)

Hello Jigg,

The need of "Not Tested" report generation comes from the possibility an operator does a mistake. (For instance, he tests all AI/AO/DI but forgets D0)

We need to be aware those cards have not been tested. Writing this, i believe finally the operator will not have the choice of cards to test. Then no need to get that not tested generation because for 80 cards, 80 DUT will be launched.

Anyway, thank you for your helpful support, but i still need help or tutorial on how to create a backend tool (don't know what a backend tool is ?) or how to generate one main report composed of hundreds of each DUT report ?

I don't think i gonna use ActiveX because TestStand can generate reports. I think it is better to use that tool than developp a new one. My main issue here is that i am pretty new in TestStand developpement and i just know a few things about it.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(623 Views)