NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to personalize your generation report ?

up...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,163 Views)

Is there a way to get a report which fill in automatically, PASS / FAIL / NOT TESTED YET ? (want to add NOT TESTED YET function)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,148 Views)

Are you willing to log the results on the fly?

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,146 Views)

I need to know if my card has been tested or not.

If not ; Write NOT TESTED YET

If yes ; Write the test result (PASS/FAIL)

Is it possible to add a "not tested yet" state to the report generation ? And How ?

I don' t know if i want to log the results on the fly because i even don't know how to log results on the fly with Test Stand.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,142 Views)

If you want to set on the fly reporting, there's a check box in the report options (in the configure section)

Regarding your report generation, I'm not sure what would be the best way, I might start something from scratch because it seems like you'll need to check some serial numbers in a database or something.

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,140 Views)

I set on the fly reporting but i didn't find any change on my report generation. What changes should be done ?

The report generation i attached in a previous post is far away the application needed.

I'll check from an XLS file (reporting cabinet hardware configuration) some serial number. Attached to those serial numbers the report has to show if the test goes right, wrong or not tested yet.

From this XLS file, the test sequences should generate automatically.

Someone could provide an example with 3 LV buttons/indicators which are tested ?

The report generation should say right the button has been hitten and the light is on, wrong the button has been hitten but the light is off, the button has not been tested yet.

An easy example like this should help me to understand better how report generation in Test Stand is done.

Thank you for your support.

BR

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,131 Views)

Hi all,

I know my question is not easy but I really need your support there.

Thank you in advance for the brave of you who will answer !

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,118 Views)

People are probably hesitant to help you because it is unclear what you are asking for.  Reports are not generated for code that hasn't executed.  So if someone has not tested a unit then there won't be a report for it. 

Is it the case that you could have 3 units and based on some deterministic code only 2 of them would be tested and the third left out for some reason?  If so then what generally happens is the report shows that unit as skipped.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,103 Views)

Hello Jigg,

I know what I am asking is not easy. I just want to figure out if that kind of running is possible or not.

So i have I/O to test. For instance, one card, i have 12 measurements to do. If 24V is here, pass test to true. If not it is wrong. If i forget to test one of my card i want to advise operator that he skipped one test. That's the reason why i thought about a report generation using TRUE/WRONG/NOT TESTED YET states.

That issue is there only to be sure we are not forgetting to test one or severals cards into the cabinet.

Is that clearer ?

You are saying reports are not generated for code hasn't executed.

But ;

I gonna get back my hardware configuration from an excel file. From my Excel file i gonna know how many cards and what kind of cards are there into my cabinet. Those informations will be used to generate testsequences automatically sending the card location to the operator in order to do the test.

So it is important that each cards have been tested once and that report indicates if there are cards which have not been tested yet.

Do you have an idea to do so ?

Can't we set a default value (Not tested yet) to the entire report generation (thanks to a model created from Excel file)

Like this if the card has not been tested the default value will last.

I am not familiar to TestStand activities. I apologize for my lack of knowledge and to make my explanations not as clear as I wish.

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,092 Views)

It is possible to do what you want but it doesn't make sense to do it that way.  In other words- I feel you are going about this the wrong way.  Just don't generate a report until they have tested all the cards. 

In your code you should handle whether or not a card has been tested. Not on the report.

You mentioned an Excel document.  Is that your report?  Or is that a file which you use (or the tester uses) to determine which ones are tested or not?  If so where is this document being generated from?  Whatever generates that document should be writing NOT TESTED as the default.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,088 Views)