NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load data from excel sheet to variables in Test Stand

I want to load data from excel sheet to variables in teststand.

For example I want to test Addition operation of calculator,

instead of giving pair of values for so many times,want to load data from existing excel sheet.

please guide me how to do it in test stand.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,752 Views)

You could use the Property Loader step (or Tools >> Import / Export Properties) to load limits from a file or from a database.

The file formats supported are text and csv, so if you can save your excel file as a csv (comma separated value format) file, you should be able to do this.

TestStand ships with an example showing the propertly loader to load limits dynamically:

<TestStand Public>\Examples\PropertyLoader

(usually C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2010\Examples\PropertyLoader)

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,723 Views)

Hi,

i have same problem.

And i think the file that be created through Tools->import/export properties is so mess,it is difficult to find and modify.

i have some parameters had been placed into "MainSequence---Parameters".And i even did not find them in the "Import/export properties" dialog.i noticed it only provide some items such as:stationglobals,step,fileglobals..

if do we need to creat a step for getting the settings from EXCEL?or have a simple way for it?

BR

Johnny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,706 Views)

Hi,

You will not find the Parameters because you usually pass information into a Sequence via the parameter list. You normally only have a MainSequence as your top level sequence because its called from the Process Model. If your MainSequence is being used as a SubSequence only then rename and then use the Parameters List of the SequenceCall to pass information into and out of the sequence. Use Locals instead of constant so that you can change the data via the PropertyLoader. If you want to keep your sequence name as MainSequence, then change you Parameters to Locals, then you can use the PropertyLoader.

Usually the PropertyLoader file is straight forward to modify after using the Import/Export tool, the only exception would be if you have exported an array. Are you using arrays?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,676 Views)

Hi!,

I am facing issues in Reading and writing the data to Excel sheet. When Looking into forum some of the suggestions are look for PropertLoader folder  and Import/Export Properities for which I am facing issues,

After my installation of Teststand 2019 evaluation version I don't see PropertyLoader folder in my computer

(the path that I am seeing is C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2019 (32-bit)\Examples).

And I am also having issues in Import/Export properities as in Plugin Specific Options  I am not seeing the option for Worksheet 

Really Appreciate your support 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,613 Views)