From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to jump from sequence file to another in runtime

Hello,
I have a report_xls.seq which generates the report in Excel compliant format. If something abnormal happens, the execution halts and all the measured data will disappear. In case of error I would like to put the measured data instead to ascii report using the report_txt.seq file.   

The "TestReport callback" sequence call step is in a SequentialModel.seq file. That sequence calls sequences in respective report format files, like report_txt.seq and in my case report_xls.seq. What is the simplest way to return to TestReport callback in SequentialFile.seq, change the report format and put the data to that report format according to report format sequence file ?

Regards,

Petri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,604 Views)
Could you include both sequences in your TestReport Callback and control which sequence is executed using PreConditions.  A possible check for your PreCondition might be RunState.SequenceError.Occurred.

Regards

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,599 Views)

Thanks for your quick response. I would like to avoid modify the SequentialModel.seq file too much... Of course your suggestion could be a workaround.  

Regards,

Petri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,592 Views)