NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to jump from sequence file to another in runtime

Hello,
I have a report_xls.seq which generates the report in Excel compliant format. If something abnormal happens, the execution halts and all the measured data will disappear. In case of error I would like to put the measured data instead to ascii report using the report_txt.seq file.   

The "TestReport callback" sequence call step is in a SequentialModel.seq file. That sequence calls sequences in respective report format files, like report_txt.seq and in my case report_xls.seq. What is the simplest way to return to TestReport callback in SequentialFile.seq, change the report format and put the data to that report format according to report format sequence file ?

Regards,

Petri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,606 Views)
Could you include both sequences in your TestReport Callback and control which sequence is executed using PreConditions.  A possible check for your PreCondition might be RunState.SequenceError.Occurred.

Regards

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world that understand binary, those that do and those that don't.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,601 Views)

Thanks for your quick response. I would like to avoid modify the SequentialModel.seq file too much... Of course your suggestion could be a workaround.  

Regards,

Petri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,594 Views)