NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the action step that passes a parameter to a sequence call for limit test

Here is a sequence call, which by itself is a numeric limit test step that has parameters.

An action step inside the sequence produces a number and passes it to the sequence call as a parameter for limit test.

How can I programmatically identify the action step associated with the parameter among many steps (including other action steps) within the sequence?

This has to be done within a VI that is put below the sequence call.

I can get the name of the action step from Locals.ResultList[known index].TS.SequenceCall.ResultList[???].TS.StepName, if I know the index of the action step.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,341 Views)

Essencially you are asking what step updated the value in a Parameter.  As far as I know, this can't be programitically determined afterward.

Some possible solutions could be moving in the numeric limit test from the sequence level to the action step within the sequence.

Or perhaps return the action name as a seperate parameter from the sequence call to be used in the VI.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 2 of 2
(3,329 Views)