NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get parameter values of custom step type when i create seq file and add step type

Solved!
Go to solution

I use lv 8.5 and teststand 4.0. 

I made a custom step type and registered at MyTypes.ini in type palettes.

Then i specified a default module by opening Properties window of custom step type of *.ini and i put some values of parameters.

Q1) When i open teststand and i add the custom step type manaully in seq file, parameter values of labview module are represented.

But, when using attached file (create step and add by load prototype), parameter values of labview module has default value.

Using attached file, how to get paramter values of custom step type i set in *.ini??

Q2) Each step type can be found automatically by its name via using LoadTypePaletteFilesEx. When i open teststand and i add the custom step type manaully in seq file, module is automatically loaded. Inside attached file, i have to use a load prototype and a fixed path where the labview module is in order to load labview module.

Can i load module automatically without using a load prototype or how can i get a dynamic path of step type??

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,483 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yhkim

I resolved Q1 for myself by using parameter mapping tab inside default module setup window.

Anybody knows Q2?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,462 Views)