From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a summary of failed steps?

Solved!
Go to solution

Currently, I am using the .txt report format. I am using the data from the auto-generated report header and report body strings to create custom report. One thing I noticed is that the failure summary in the default report header only contains information on the first failed step. Unfortunately, I need to present a summary of all failed steps at the beginning of the report.

What variable do I need to access in order to obtain this summary? If the variable is an array or container of all test results, what's the data structure so I know how to parse for the failed steps?

I am using the base sequential model in TestStand 4.2 and I have copied the TestReport callback from the base model and added my own customizations to generate the report. I am new to TestStand (2 months) with no training so how and why explanations are helpful.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,832 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B.Settles

This might help you get started.  The link below shows how to modify the failure chain to include all steps.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4563

Thanks,

PH

Message 2 of 6
(3,803 Views)

That definitely looks like what I'm looking for. I'll try it out when I get back to work.

Thanks.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -- Galileo Galilei

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,793 Views)

The tutorial works with TestStand 4.2.1, just note that the step in Part B of the tutorial is in the "PutOneResultInReport" sequence. Also, the local added in Part A gets added to this sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,781 Views)

This solution and the tutorial do not work.

I have done all steps, but if i "Check Precondition" or "Check Expression" Teststand reports, that the varibale Parameters.Result.Status or Parameters.Result.Ts.xxxx is unknown

What i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Lars

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,572 Views)

Parameters.Result.Status is only 'Valid' during runtime and are not valid during editting.  These errors can be ignored.   Runtime vs edit time is a a common source of confusion in TestStand, for beginners.

Now did you try running a test to see if all the failed steps appear in the Failure chain?  Is what you mean doesn't work?

Thanks,

PH

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,560 Views)